Meet Bandit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelle

This is our big boy Bandit who is about 9 months now. We purchased him from the Reptile show that came to San Diego last Summer. He is a total love bug with a curious side. He doesn't tolerate other lizards, especially our crested geckos but that's okay, we have plenty of room for all. He is getting more comfortable with going outside and going on short field trips in town. He loves his swims in the bathtub and cuddling on the bed with mama.

I've gotta say, beardies are a ton of work but so worth it!
103913-4995192089.jpg
103913-530649140.jpg
103913-7964546475.jpg
103913-1015159274.jpg

Nelle

Original Poster
This is our big boy Bandit who is about 9 months now. We purchased him from the Reptile show that came to San Diego last Summer. He is a total love bug with a curious side. He doesn't tolerate other lizards, especially our crested geckos but that's okay, we have plenty of room for all. He is getting more comfortable with going outside and going on short field trips in town. He loves his swims in the bathtub and cuddling on the bed with mama.

I've gotta say, beardies are a ton of work but so worth it!
103913-4995192089.jpg
103913-530649140.jpg
103913-7964546475.jpg
103913-1015159274.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum--- so glad he is doing well --- tank looks good --- is your UVB inside the tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok so the screen is wide hole? fine mesh? what kind of UVB do you have? Here is some info for you on that subject - this is what most of us recommend on this forum --
Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia).
UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 6-8 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays-- just make sure you get the 10.0 bulb -- the 5.0 is for more of tropical reptiles as it is equivalent to the Reptisun T 8 ---
thanks for posting pic
Karrie

Nelle

Original Poster
Yes, we have the ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube for him with the small mesh screen on the top of his cage. They recommend changing the bulb every 12 months, which we will do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bandit looks great, nice & colorful! :D
I went ahead & merged both topics for you since there were replies on both of them.
I am sure he will do wonderful with you.

Tracie

afaye418

Hello Bandit! They are definitely worth all the hard work! I’m new a beardie owner & wish I had gotten one years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom