Baby Beardie on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I agree, that looks pretty normal to me also!
How is she doing this evening>

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How's she doing ? Has her appetite returned ? And do you still think she has an R.I ? I know that's what they prescribed the Baytril for but was there a real definite diagnosis for it, is she gasping, wheezing or making popping sound while breathing ?

maiba

Original Poster
She’s doing much better today! She’s eaten about 12 crickets so far. I haven’t seen any signs of her RI since we got her home on Thursday, but the vet could not confirm for sure that she had a respiratory infection when we took her in since we didn’t do X-rays. I plan on taking her in for X-rays when I get my next paycheck. I ordered 250 dubias offline that should be coming tomorrow and I’m very excited to see if she’ll eat them :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's excellent to hear that she's still eating relatively well ,considering her previous neglect. :)
How many more shots will you be giving her ? I'd not bother with an Xray as she shows no signs of an R.I. now. You have to be careful with shots , they can develop abscesses + infections at the injection site. So far so good though, you're doing a great job !

maiba

Original Poster
I believe I still have like 6 or 7 shots left to give her. I alternate whichever arm I give her shot in each time. Is there any extra measures I can take to ensure she doesn’t develop any abcesses? She did eat 5 or 6 more crickets a couple hours ago. I would also still like to get X-rays just to verify how bad her mbd truly is and see where her most troubled spots are gonna be. On the bright side I put a little hammock in her cage since she’s been climbing on her hides so much, and she’s been on it ever since I put it in there ?
102367-9185803425.jpg

maiba

Original Poster
If anyone is still following this forum just wanted to do an update. Fiona is eating like a pig! She’s pooping at least once a day and now gets baths about every 3rd day. In about the last week and a half she’s starting walking with her legs fully supporting her body and can run now! Still haven’t had the chance to take her to the vet to get a professional opinion but I have really high hopes for this little lady. You guys are all amazing and I could not have done this without your support :) a big thank you from me a Fiona!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great ! Everything is going really well for her so far. She definitely ended up in the right hands. :) Don't worry about a vet visit now, you are seeing what you need to see that good food, calcium + lights are working wonders for her. Keep up the good work Fiona !

maiba

Original Poster
Fiona has she’s her leg and part of her neck, guess she might not be this tiny the rest of her life :) it’s also looking like she’s going into a full body shed!
102367-6339149326.jpg
Here’s a nice little picture featuring her potbelly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom