Tail rot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
103695-8075993647.jpg
I’ve had my baby beardie for 3 months now, and we got him from pets mart. The lady who sold us him was actually credible and recommended this forum, but she said this dent in his tail has been around since he first came in and it’s no need to be worried about. But I’ve done my reasearch and it has the same dark coloration all the time, never changing even when he has his “happy” colors. Is this tail rot? Or am I over generalizing

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's damaged, probably from being bitten by a tank mate at some point. It's good that it isn't changing. Keep an eye on it, looking for growing shriveled areas or open wounds. If you don't see that, then the dent may just stay like that going forward, or if circulation is cut off, the end may fall off. That's OK as long as it's healed over and doesn't get infected. I don't see signs of tail rot or a major issue in that photo. Just keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom