new momma - crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikmad39

Original Poster
Hi-
I ordered the T5 10.0 HO and reptisun hood last night. I keep wondering if I should have gone for the T8 inside but I’ll drive myself crazy. Lol. Hopefully it gets here quick.

On another note I read that calcium with D3 should not be given daily but others say it should. What’s your opinion. (I give him a multi vitamin about 3x a week also.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
With the HO bulb the calcium + D3 isn't needed as much as with the original bulb. However I would still give at least once or twice a week with d3 calcium. You would still want to be using just calcium powder like normal though, it just doesn't have to have the D3. Personally even with the HO lamp, I still do the same with the calcium + d3 as i did without the HO lamp. The amount of D3 needed to cause ill effects isn't going to be achieved through the calcium supplement with d3 unless you're way overdosing on the powder to begin with.

Others may disagree that's just my 2 cents.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom