Female Beardie acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haidalyn

I have a 1 year old female bearded dragon. She is normally very sweet and calm. The past 2 weeks she has been behaving very strangely. She seems agitated and is clawing at the glass in her tank. She doesn't want to be held which is unusual for her. Her appetite seems about normal and her poop is normal as well. I have not switched up anything in her tank and I'm not sure if this is just because it's springtime and mating season or if she is gravid but I do not have any other bearded dragons. Do female bearded dragons in captivity normally get a little crazy in the springtime? Her stomach doesn't seem any bigger than normal so I really don't know if she is gravid or not. Please help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's likely just hormones and spring fever. This goes away on it's own after a while. Give her some space to run around and burn off energy. If she's digging a lot it may be infertile eggs and building a dig box may be helpful. If she's just being energetic though, it's normal but there isn't a whole lot to do but wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom