Genetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you breed a bearded dragon and it doesn't show traits of its parents is it possible for its offspring to have those traits and show them

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you had a specific example of a trait you were thinking about we could help explain better. Some traits are recessive and need both parents to have them for the offspring to be visible in that trait. Other traits are dominant and can show visible in offspring with only 1 parent having it.
Additionally, two parents who have the same recessive gene that don't visibly show can produce babies with that visible trait.

-Brandon

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Ok here's What I have. 1st the parents of my 1st female: Red Hypo Translucent X Crawley Belgium Blood (Double Het ) My girl is Hypo/Translucent she's orange and looks like some black striping
My second parents of my 2nd: female is Het Witblit/Het Hypo X Het Hypo Het Wetblit So my girl is 66% Het Hypo/Wetblit she is whitish grey.
My Male parents are Hypo Translucent Leatherback X Genetic Strip Crawley Belgium Blood (Double Het) He's (Hypo/Translucent) he's also orange no striping and 2 of his siblings are purple parodox .

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
In a breeders context not that I'm a breeder by no means but what morph would have more value a red genetic strip or a orange Hypo/Translucent just curious for a Male if I decide to breed my female is a orange Hypo/Translucent and my other is a witblit I'm wondering what would give you a wider variety of offspring

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From what I've seen the genetic stripes go for more than the hypo trans. But it just depends on the visual quality I suppose.

As far as wider variety of offspring, I only am seeing you say you have a hypo trans and a without, so nothing to compare to unless I read it wrong.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's too many variations to have a very good assumption of what you might end up with. BTW, were some or all of these dragons from Dachiu ? Just wondering because they had breeder Bob Cawley"s red lines in their stock from way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom