Baby Beardie on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiba

Original Poster
I have Fiona her antibiotic shot today and I’m pretty sure she’s mad at me about it but I’m hoping she forgets about it. Unrelated question but my other beardie, Lip, is black bearding right now and he’s been bobbing his head a bit. I don’t know what’s wrong, he hasnt done this once in the 4 months I’ve had him. He can’t see Fiona’s cage from where he’s at and I haven’t changed anything at all about his enclosure. Can he smell her on me or sense that she’s there? I’m just really worried because he’s never done this.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its breeding season, he's hormonal, and I bet he can sense her somehow Haha :)

-Brandon

maiba

Original Poster
We moved his cage out into the living room temporarily and he immediately calmed down. We’ve had them in the same room since Thursday so I know it’s not because he can see her. He must’ve smelled her on me when I fed him this morning and the got a one track mind once he got his first whiff of a female ? I’m going to move him back into my room in a bit and just be more diligent about washing my hands between feeding/handling them. I should’ve know that boys will be boys

maiba

Original Poster
She pooped again! I’ve only gotten her to eat 2 crickets today but I’ll try for more later. How’s her poop lookin?
102367-2194426959.jpg
102367-8201192273.jpg
102367-5571194566.jpg

maiba

Original Poster
Went into my room to check on Fiona and discovered she made it on top of her log (right under uvb too which is even better!). I don’t think she would have been capable of doing with when we got her home on Thursday.
102367-6600874378.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Her stool isn't too bad. It will get more color once she has more nutrition into her. I am really
surprised at how quickly she is starting to move around more, that is wonderful! :D She
definitely has a fighting spirit!
Your male was hormonal, that is how they act when they see or know a female is around. It is
that time of year right now, too.

Keep us updated on Fiona.

Tracie

maiba

Original Poster
Hi guys, so Fiona still won’t eat any greens I offer. I’ve tried putting her crickets in there but then she just gets them once they crawl out. I’ve also tried dropping them and shaking them around to make it look like the greens are moving but that hasn’t worked either. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I’ve heard some people use bee pollen and that it somehow entices them, should I possibly look into doing that? Thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K, she will probably develop an interest in greens later as she grows. Right now she's needing the protein from insects more than anything so don't worry about her refusing greens. She's doing pretty good so far. :)

maiba

Original Poster
Another poop today after I fed her some crickets. This poop is wayyyy different from the last one.
102367-1655485425.jpg
102367-1555237039.jpg
Also, could I feed her in a little box outside the cage so it’s easier for her to get her crickets and it’s easier for me to get the uneaten ones out? I’m worried it could stress her out so I haven’t tried it yet. Also yes, I know her cage is dirty in the pic but I just changed her paper towels. Been changing every other day

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It is exciting to see a slight difference in the kink in her tail in just 2 days (judging from the last 2 pics) or am I just seeing things here?

maiba

Original Poster
It may just be the different angles that the photos were taken it at but looking at the pictures I posted a couple days ago it does look way less kinked. The calcium may just be finally starting to settle in and maybe it’s flexing around less? Who knows, but I didn’t think she would be making this much progress in less than a week :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Look at that wavy tail, poor guy. At least he is doing pretty well though, that is great! I agree, it
does look less kinked there. Keep up the great work. He is a lucky little dragon. :D
You can definitely get a small plastic bin, to feed him in, outside of his regular tank so that he
can catch his food easier.

Tracie

maiba

Original Poster
Came home from school today and it seemed like she had a healthy poop! What do you guys think? She won’t eat since I gave her antibiotic shot and I’m a little worried but we’ll try again later.
102367-8545161611.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom