Poop is orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beansandrango

I have a bearded dragon names Beans and she has appeared healthy until recently. I found blood in her poop and today she pooped and it was orange! She is about two years old and she eats crickets on the daily. About 10-15 and some fruit every other day. She usually poops normally and besides this poop being orange , theres no physical poop? What could this be? She now tries to dig but clearly she cannot... what could it be?
103870-7810481381.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of supplementation have you been giving her recently?
Does she eat veggies too?
It just looks like she hasn't eaten much lately, but there are some urates. The orangish color
can appear from either too much supplementation or vitamins. Is she an adult or a juvenile?

Tracie

Beansandrango

Original Poster
I dont typically give her veggies because she is more likely to eat fruits rather than veggies but if that needs to change, it will. I also havent given her too much of any supplement, with her crickets I usually put some reptile calcium on them and feed them to her like that. The calcium I use is from zoo med , the repti calcium I believe, its a white bottle. Recently though, I havent given her too much calcium as I used to but she still does intake the powder. I also can ensure she has been eating a lot recently which is why when there was no actual poop, it came as a surprise. She is an adult, I have had her well over a year and I bought her when she was around one.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do try to incorporate greens & veggies for her if you can. I wouldn't worry too much about the
color, but if she hasn't eaten much then sometimes the stools are smaller & often have a change
of color, too.
What do you feed the crickets?

Tracie

Beansandrango

Original Poster
I will definitely add veggies to my shopping list! I only feed the crickets potatos but I do have another option which are these yellow jellies by flukers. I used them for a while but I noticed that the crickets had died off quicker when I fed them it.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Feed the crickets the greens you get. When your dragon eats the crickets if they eat the greens it means your dragon will also eat some greens. It's called gut loading. I would also give your dragon a salad every day, you never know if they may some day change their tastes and enjoy greens if you don't offer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom