BEARDIE hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks, still active but sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiahmackley

Original Poster
KarrieRee":27at6i7k said:
I am so sorry---- I feel heart broken as well --- it is hard to say what caused it -- she didnt look like she was under weight from the pictures-- the only way to know for sure is to have a necropsy I think they call it --- do you know how old she was? I know we lost our first beardie who we got from the high school last March- we had her for approx 4 years and she just quit eating I thought she was going into brumation but it was spring - her beard went black one morning she went to the corner of her tank and died --we think she was around 13 years old-- we were all in shock-- they say they are prone to have heart failure -- or so I have heard-- again I am so sorry for your loss--- it will take some time if you were really attached to her--- it was 6 weeks before we got another one--- it was very hard for me to look at Troggys tank that sat in my office every day w/ the lights off --- I now am more aware of the husbandry and things to notice w/ them as they can just go all of a sudden --- but the ones that really show a sign of illness sometimes is too late-- w/ her it was odd other than the black bearding-- that is a sign of distress --
Karrie :(
She was a year, so young. I expected to have her for so long. Thank you for this message

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet girl. :( Although the uvb bulb was sub-par she got a decent amount to grow so big. She would have had a hidden health issue, even being eggbound is a possibility. Weak uvb could contribute but would not have been the primary cause. It wasn't your fault though, something unseen that only a necropsy could possibly reveal. My sympathy to you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom