Twisted Toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgsjeids

Hi all,

I brought my beard home from a local breeder and noticed once I got home that he has a twisted toe. He is around 3 months old (8 inches long) right now and I was wondering if I should worry or try and have a vet to check him out. He doesn't seem to be bothered or hurt by it. He was housed alone when I found him at the breeder. I just certainly don't want it to cause problems in the future. Here is what it looks like:

Thanks!
103817-3525187676.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like either a birth defect or the toe got caught on something and twisted. It may stay like that going forward or the end with the nail may fall off. If it heals over cleanly, then it shouldn't pose a long term problem. A vet may have a better idea of how to proceed but I'd look out for the damage to appear to spread up the toe. If it looks dark or shriveled and progresses it may indicate infection and will need to be treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom