BEARDIE hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks, still active but sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiahmackley

Original Poster
KarrieRee":27at6i7k said:
I am so sorry---- I feel heart broken as well --- it is hard to say what caused it -- she didnt look like she was under weight from the pictures-- the only way to know for sure is to have a necropsy I think they call it --- do you know how old she was? I know we lost our first beardie who we got from the high school last March- we had her for approx 4 years and she just quit eating I thought she was going into brumation but it was spring - her beard went black one morning she went to the corner of her tank and died --we think she was around 13 years old-- we were all in shock-- they say they are prone to have heart failure -- or so I have heard-- again I am so sorry for your loss--- it will take some time if you were really attached to her--- it was 6 weeks before we got another one--- it was very hard for me to look at Troggys tank that sat in my office every day w/ the lights off --- I now am more aware of the husbandry and things to notice w/ them as they can just go all of a sudden --- but the ones that really show a sign of illness sometimes is too late-- w/ her it was odd other than the black bearding-- that is a sign of distress --
Karrie :(
She was a year, so young. I expected to have her for so long. Thank you for this message

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet girl. :( Although the uvb bulb was sub-par she got a decent amount to grow so big. She would have had a hidden health issue, even being eggbound is a possibility. Weak uvb could contribute but would not have been the primary cause. It wasn't your fault though, something unseen that only a necropsy could possibly reveal. My sympathy to you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom