Tail bite? Scab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob1289

Hello everyone, my 3 year old nika recently developed this weird looking scab/scratch. So, being scared as an owner I took her to the vet. Now there has always been a mark in this place, and it always looked like When you lift dumbbells and the dead skin on your hand starts tearing. So I always felt it was a stuck shed, which I still feel that’s what it is and my vet says it’s either that or she tried to bite herself and made it worse to loosen the stuck shed. So it was sort of bleeding, and after going to the vet, he gave me antibiotic ointment to put on it, and antibiotics by mouth for her to take once a day. He said if it doesn’t clear up the scar on her tail, we may need to cut that part of her tail off :( I just wanted more opinions on what it is, here is a picture:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
If you are feeding crickets make sure that there are no uneaten ones loose in the Viv. They will chew on spots like this at night while she sleeps at night. I would hate to see her lose her tail.
Another more natural option is raw honey. Just dab it on with a q-tip. It has a natural antibiotic, a natural antimicrobial and, is one of the best healing agents nature can provide. Again, Make sure there are NO loose bugs in the viv, they like honey as well.

Jacob1289

Original Poster
I don’t feed crickets to her as much as I used to. If I do feed her crickets, she goes in another viv to eat them. No food goes in her regular viv. I am very good about keeping her “home” clean and tidy

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that your girl has this injury. I agree with the other poster that raw honey is the best thing for it. There are a lot of write ups about it + quite a few vets are using it with hard to heal sores, even gangrenous wounds. I can provide links + pics if you like. Whatever treatment you use, I hope the poor girl does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom