Baby Beardie on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiba

Original Poster
In this picture she’s about 10-12 inches from it (you can see one of the ends of her fixture to the top right). I got some industrial strength Velcro to stick it to the side of the tank so she can get enough of it. Her basking bulb is also hanging lower now. I initially planned on having a basking platform but she’s pretty weak right now and I didn’t want her to have to work to get to a good basking spot.
102367-5728845964.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is good-- I hope she makes it -- I don't think she would of lasted too much longer -- keep us posted please
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
maiba":2k3re2xf said:
I initially planned on having a basking platform but she’s pretty weak right now and I didn’t want her to have to work to get to a good basking spot.

Great idea.
How has she been doing so far?

-Brandon

maiba

Original Poster
I’m at school right now but I turned her lights back on before I left this morning. I gave her a light nudge just to make sure she was still alive and she woke up so that’s good. Now my sister is keeping an eye on her and she said she was awake but now she’s napping. After school I will give her the liquid calcium, then I’m gonna run to the pet store to get her a feeding syringe and some of that repashy grub pie to make sure she eats at some point today. If I have to feed her by syringe do I just add a small pinch of calcium to it and mix it in?

maiba

Original Poster
Also how would I go about making the repashy grub pie into a paste as opposed to the gel like form it’s supposed to harden into? Thank you

maiba

Original Poster
GUYS!! When I went to the pet store I decided to get about 20 really little crickets too because she hadn’t shown any interest in the butter worms or wax worms, and I knew her previous owners had only fed her crickets. So I got home thinking she was gonna turn her head up to the crickets too, but I coated them in some calcium powder and put 4 in her cage for her. Well one happened to wander right in front of her face and she snatched it up! The other crickets when to the opposite side of the cage that she was on, so I decided to use a pair of tweezers to drop the crickets in front of her and she ate TWO MORE! After that I offered her the butterworm that had been sitting in her food bowl for about the past half hour, and as soon as I dropped it in front of her she ate that too! I’m not gonna feed her anymore today, just so I don’t over do it but I’m so happy! The vet didn’t even think we would be able to get her to eat and she munched down today :) I can’t explain how happy I am right now

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Excellent ! That's the way to do it ! This baby has a will to live and the fact that he's chasing food is an indication that it's not in a lot of pain. Good to hear this. :blob5:
Crickets are better than butter or waxworms, too.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great news! Each little step is another step towards recovery! :D

Butterworms and crickets are a good choice but I wouldn't be offering any waxworms to her.

-Brandon

maiba

Original Poster
She pooped! How much food do you think I should offer her? I don’t think I’m gonna do anymore today but as far as tomorrow goes if she’s willing to eat again how much do you guys think? Also do you have any suggestions on how I can get her to eat some greens?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
More good news ! You didn't happen to get a pic did you ? As strange as it sounds, it can also show a little bit about the state of her health like if food is not digested, extremely runny, etc.

For tomorrow just offer the same amount you did today but do so twice , about 5 hours between feedings. You can offer finely chopped greens like collards [ not the tough or veiny parts ] turnip, mustard, kale. Just a nice little bowl put near her. You can actually drop the shredded greens on to the bowl that you place near her, sometimes the babies pounce on it as they see the movement when the greens are dropped. Don't be too worried if she doesn't show interest but keep trying a few times a week.

maiba

Original Poster
I will try feeding her like that tomorrow :) she never had any greens with her old owners so that one might be tough to get her to do but I’ll try dropping them in her food dish next to her. Her poop was solid, I didn’t inspect it very closely. If she poops again tomorrow I’ll take a picture of it and you can tell me what you think. When I went into my room a few hours ago she was all snuggled up and asleep under one of her hides so I turned off her lights. I thought it was a pretty good sign that she knew when it was bedtime and found a nice place to sleep

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she went to the bathroom then!
Yes, that is a very good sign she put herself to bed, I agree, very sweet. It may take her some time
to eat greens, but as suggested, definitely keep offering them to her. Eventually she will likely start
to eat them regularly. Some eat them more regularly than others though, it can be frustrating!
She has a sweet spirit & a will to live. I hope she continues to battle & recover fully for you.

Keep us posted on her!
Tracie

maiba

Original Poster
Just fed her another 5 crickets and got her to drink some water out of a dropper ? I’m gonna try greens again later today when I see if she wants anymore crickets. If she poops I’ll make sure to get a pic of it before I throw it away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom