The tip of my beardies tail....

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

The tip of my beardies tail....

Postby AliHat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm

The tip of is tail looks very strange. Looking back at the first pictures of him as a baby it was like this then. I’ve noticed as he grows it continues to look even stranger. I don’t think it’s tail rot going by pictures online. I will post current pics I just want to know if we need to be worried. Thanks!
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
AliHat
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: The tip of my beardies tail....

Postby Gormagon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm

It's most likely a wound received when he was a hatchling, this happens a lot with the overcrowded conditions they are in. It will eventually drop off on it's own. Just keep an eye on it. Watch for the dried up dark area traveling up the tail, this is a sign of tail rot, which is not present at the moment.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AliHat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Gormagon wrote:It's most likely a wound received when he was a hatchling, this happens a lot with the overcrowded conditions they are in. It will eventually drop off on it's own. Just keep an eye on it. Watch for the dried up dark area traveling up the tail, this is a sign of tail rot, which is not present at the moment.

Oh that’s good to know!!! Is there anything I need to do when it drops off?
AliHat
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:33 pm

You can dab some regular Neosporin (w/o pain relief) on it or, you can dab some raw honey on it, just make sure there are no loose crickets (or, any other bug) in the enclosure because they will go after the honey and chew on his tail.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Drache613 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health