The tip of my beardies tail....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliHat

The tip of is tail looks very strange. Looking back at the first pictures of him as a baby it was like this then. I’ve noticed as he grows it continues to look even stranger. I don’t think it’s tail rot going by pictures online. I will post current pics I just want to know if we need to be worried. Thanks!
103605-5908587030.jpg
103605-7780556632.jpg
103605-3689277368.jpg
103605-1381069897.jpg
103605-5389853786.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It's most likely a wound received when he was a hatchling, this happens a lot with the overcrowded conditions they are in. It will eventually drop off on it's own. Just keep an eye on it. Watch for the dried up dark area traveling up the tail, this is a sign of tail rot, which is not present at the moment.

AliHat

Original Poster
Gormagon":276xt66y said:
It's most likely a wound received when he was a hatchling, this happens a lot with the overcrowded conditions they are in. It will eventually drop off on it's own. Just keep an eye on it. Watch for the dried up dark area traveling up the tail, this is a sign of tail rot, which is not present at the moment.
Oh that’s good to know!!! Is there anything I need to do when it drops off?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You can dab some regular Neosporin (w/o pain relief) on it or, you can dab some raw honey on it, just make sure there are no loose crickets (or, any other bug) in the enclosure because they will go after the honey and chew on his tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom