Baby beardie is so confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haechan

he is a babe bearded dragon I’m not sure the exact age. I got him a week ago and everything was fine but now he’s turning on me?? sometimes he’s so sweet and let’s me hold him but now whenever I go near him his underside goes black and his stress marks are super prominent??? what’s going on he’s so bipolar what

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure - what size tank is he in --- are you approaching from above him? Hes stressed from relocation-- its gonna take some time for him to get used to you-- continue to put your hands in the tank dont push him he will adjust to you putting your hands in the tank every day and see that they are not a threat-- try hand feeding him --- Hiccup was aggressive when I brought him home at around 3 months of age but I just kept putting my hands in the tank - I would handle him when I wanted to - eventually he will come around -- where did you get him from? Can you post pics of the tank and his lighting?
Karrie

Haechan

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1zn9rq7k said:
Not sure - what size tank is he in --- are you approaching from above him? Hes stressed from relocation-- its gonna take some time for him to get used to you-- continue to put your hands in the tank dont push him he will adjust to you putting your hands in the tank every day and see that they are not a threat-- try hand feeding him --- Hiccup was aggressive when I brought him home at around 3 months of age but I just kept putting my hands in the tank - I would handle him when I wanted to - eventually he will come around -- where did you get him from? Can you post pics of the tank and his lighting?
Karrie

Sorry for such the long wait for reply!! He’s in a 40 gallon tank. I’m not sure how to post pictures on here haha but he has a 10.0 UVB light as well as a basking spot and a cooling spot. I got him from petsmart! His substrate atm is paper towels but it was carpet before. I’ve noticed that he usually doesn’t have stress marks whenever I give him baths but his tail does get black :/ I’ve also noticed that he only ever gets stress marks when I’m near him, in the room with him, and/or I’m handling him. So maybe he’s just not used to me yet? I often put my hands in his terrarium and pet him and sometimes I handle him but he usually just jumps out of my hand :( I’m afraid he may never like me. I am in school so I not there for 6 hours for a day but when I am I’m usually petting him in his terrarium

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics ---of tank and lighting----- go to top of page click on User Image Uploader-- down load pics- click on reply- at top of message box click on XIMG -- pics should post ---- what is his temps in his tank running? What kind of UVB do you have? How are you taking the basking temps in the tank -- all this plays a role in their behavior--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom