Baby beardie is so confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haechan

he is a babe bearded dragon I’m not sure the exact age. I got him a week ago and everything was fine but now he’s turning on me?? sometimes he’s so sweet and let’s me hold him but now whenever I go near him his underside goes black and his stress marks are super prominent??? what’s going on he’s so bipolar what

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure - what size tank is he in --- are you approaching from above him? Hes stressed from relocation-- its gonna take some time for him to get used to you-- continue to put your hands in the tank dont push him he will adjust to you putting your hands in the tank every day and see that they are not a threat-- try hand feeding him --- Hiccup was aggressive when I brought him home at around 3 months of age but I just kept putting my hands in the tank - I would handle him when I wanted to - eventually he will come around -- where did you get him from? Can you post pics of the tank and his lighting?
Karrie

Haechan

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1zn9rq7k said:
Not sure - what size tank is he in --- are you approaching from above him? Hes stressed from relocation-- its gonna take some time for him to get used to you-- continue to put your hands in the tank dont push him he will adjust to you putting your hands in the tank every day and see that they are not a threat-- try hand feeding him --- Hiccup was aggressive when I brought him home at around 3 months of age but I just kept putting my hands in the tank - I would handle him when I wanted to - eventually he will come around -- where did you get him from? Can you post pics of the tank and his lighting?
Karrie

Sorry for such the long wait for reply!! He’s in a 40 gallon tank. I’m not sure how to post pictures on here haha but he has a 10.0 UVB light as well as a basking spot and a cooling spot. I got him from petsmart! His substrate atm is paper towels but it was carpet before. I’ve noticed that he usually doesn’t have stress marks whenever I give him baths but his tail does get black :/ I’ve also noticed that he only ever gets stress marks when I’m near him, in the room with him, and/or I’m handling him. So maybe he’s just not used to me yet? I often put my hands in his terrarium and pet him and sometimes I handle him but he usually just jumps out of my hand :( I’m afraid he may never like me. I am in school so I not there for 6 hours for a day but when I am I’m usually petting him in his terrarium

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics ---of tank and lighting----- go to top of page click on User Image Uploader-- down load pics- click on reply- at top of message box click on XIMG -- pics should post ---- what is his temps in his tank running? What kind of UVB do you have? How are you taking the basking temps in the tank -- all this plays a role in their behavior--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom