Unable to eat for a day or two? Safe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Hi, so, I'm moving next week to Texas (I think that's a full day drive) but we're humans and need a bit of time to sleep as well.

Will Chien be okay with not eating for a while? Of course I will have a heat source for him (ie, heat packs/hot hands) and he'll have a few hours to bask in a hotel, but I'm just concerned if this is healthy.

[chien is 10 months, 307g]

Certainly, I will not feed him while we are driving because I'm pretty sure the heat source is not enough for him to digest properly?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it should be fine. I usually have some black soldier fly larvae with me on road trips but they aren't always hungry. They do fine at normal car temps so the hand warmers aren't really necessary except in cold weather emergencies. If you bring a basking light with you, you can set that up in the hotel if you want to for a morning bask. Other than that, rest area stops for some time to bask on the grass or on a picnic table work well.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":39881kkh said:
Yeah it should be fine. I usually have some black soldier fly larvae with me on road trips but they aren't always hungry. They do fine at normal car temps so the hand warmers aren't really necessary except in cold weather emergencies. If you bring a basking light with you, you can set that up in the hotel if you want to for a morning bask. Other than that, rest area stops for some time to bask on the grass or on a picnic table work well.

Thank you so much! Right now it's extremely cold where I live so while the car is still cold ill use the warmers but once it's normal temp ill remove them :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Remember to wrap the warmers in something like a sock & monitor to make sure they can't come in direct contact with it. I believe they can get up to 160*.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aaradimian":12g6acnv said:
Remember to wrap the warmers in something like a sock & monitor to make sure they can't come in direct contact with it. I believe they can get up to 160*.

Oh yes I will! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom