Help Please My Beardie's Leg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to kill myself. i got my beardie ginger from a friend she is about, oh 5 - 6 months old. ive had her for 2 weeks, i feed her crickets and sometime superworms only 1 or 2, also salad. i was rearranging stuff in her cage (Stupid me didn't take her out of the cage) when my ELBOW KNOCKED OVER THE UVB LAMP AND IT FELL ON HER LEG :banghead: :banghead: , i quickly moved it from on her leg and i saw her drag it to the other side of the cage it twitched a little too. i gently pulled her out and looked at her leg it looked fine nothing wrong no swelling no weird positions i put her back in and left it alone till the next day, i touched it, it didn't feel broken and she was using it. i gently applied pressure she showed no discomfort. i also tested by dropping the lamp on my finger from the same height it hurt like when your walking fast and hit your knuckle on something.

Emjay22

Ahh! You must feel terrible! Once I accidentally put tavia on a table and glanced away for a second and she jumped off. (She was fine but I felt like the worst person in the world for a little bit) I think your beardie is fine, just make sure to watch her leg and see if she’s acting weird about it (limping, it twitching) they’re pretty hardy little lizards (I guess) and maybe the light just made it momentarily hurt.

Em :)

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Awww you must feel terrible, but it sounds like she's okay. Just keep monitoring her leg. If she's applying pressure that's a good sign.

I've accidentally stepped on Tampico. I didn't see her on the for, as she kinda blends in, and my slipped stepped on her tail. Luckily she puffed up right away and ran away without a problem. She's also tumbled off a low chair and has jumped from my shoulder onto the ground. She was a daring, well still is, when she was young, but now I'm just able to catch her before she does it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hopefully nothing is broken! Unfortunately, accidents do happen to all of us. Is her beard dark?
Where did you upload your pics?
It may just hurt a little bit but maybe it will just be a little sore & she will start walking on it soon
without it hurting her any. If you need to, lower her basking spot a few days so she doesn't have
to climb much.
Did she eat today?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific news she is doing well now & was not injured. She looks so sweet there. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom