Should I be worried about her dark tail

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Should I be worried about her dark tail

Postby MiraC » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Hey guys. I have had cutie for the last 2 months and he had a small tail nip when I got him. He is really active and he eats regularly but I'm concerned about his tail. Cutie has a small tail nip and I have been noticing that the dark spot on his tail starting to move up. Can his shed be the reason? Also how can I help him shed his tail when he starts shedding?

I took him to the vet last month and she told me that end of his tail should fall off as he grows.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
MiraC
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Should I be worried about her dark tail

Postby Gormagon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:22 pm

I don't see anything to be concerned about, looks normal to me. As they age their tails darken from the tip and, fades to a lighter color up at the base.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby MiraC » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:17 pm

after end of his tail falls off, what can I do to prevent infection?
MiraC
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 pm

MiraC wrote:after end of his tail falls off, what can I do to prevent infection?

I had to blow up the pic to see it and, it's just the tip. I didn't pick up on it before.

When the tip comes off just dab a little raw honey on it and, be sure there are no loose crickets or other bugs in the viv because, they will go for the honey while your dragon sleeps.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby fcooper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:01 am

I was told that it might be skin that has not shed properly. This restricts the blood flow and makes it go dark. I used a soft toothbrush when bathing my beardie to help ease the skin off a bit.
Fellow beardie owner, if you'd cry if your beardie died, then you need to see this.
http://www.docdro.id/Gh3LnuP
fcooper
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health