Normal weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so my bearded dragon chroma is 5-6 months old and 13 inches long, he is a central bearded dragon. Im trying to find a proper weight chart. Or anything i can follow to make sure he is eating enough. He doesnt look big enough and for a central dragon he is no long gaining length. Im a little worried. His vet is a butt and said he looks fine and then charged me $200 for a checkup ? that took 5 minutes. His tank set up is on point and he is shedding and has normal poops. He knows to drink water and loves to eat salad and crickets, he also gets all his vitamins and etc. Like i said im just trying to find a weight chart or even get an understanding of what his weight should be.
Ps: i have not weighed him officially, as i dont know what to really look for. Also i know his tank is dirty, he was shedding yesterday and wont let me clean the tank still today. im letting him calm down today.
full

ive looked and havent found any either.
this is my personal growth chart for my man if you want to take a look but from what ive seen from others hes a little big for his age. every dragon is different, your guy looks healthy to me!
102094-4077414535.jpg
102094-3832742754.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like he's a healthy weight. $200 for an exam is insane! I usually pay around $40. They grow at different rates, so there's no exact ideal weight. It's best to just keep track of his weight and chart it in a spreadsheet so you can measure his progress against his previous weight and watch the trends. If you do some searches around the forum there are posts in which people add their dragons' growth chart data. I wouldn't put too much stock in comparing your dragon against anything but his own growth record though. It should be steady or trending upward over time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He looks good to me too--- $200 for a check up :shock: my vet charges me $40 and shes a reptile vet -- wowzer!
Karrie

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Thank you all, and i know after comparing some other vets and being laugbed at by my fiance. I realized i may have been to haste on using this one vet. Im just glad he looks healthy. Again thank you all. I was worried he might have been under weight. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom