What's this LUMP!!!!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

What's this LUMP!!!!

Postby beardedlady1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

I just noticed this lump under Ranger's right eye... my mom touched it and says its hard... he also REALLY doesn't like it to be touched. She almost got bit just touching it. He skipped the blackbeard and went straight for the snap.. totally unlike him. It's not a Large lump but its certainly noticeable. Do I need to take him in to the vet.. or will it go away on its own. Good LAWD don't tell me its a tumor!!!!! A vet visit is not really in my budget. If its a tumor I'll put him down. If its an abscess I'll do what I can to get a vet to lance that puppy. But surgery is Not in my budget by any means.

Not to mention it's 9pm and I can't even call around to see who will take him. He's currently shedding. (I also REALLY don't want to put him down. He's family. But If Its a tumor I don't want him to suffer either.)

@CooperDragon... what's your take on this.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
beardedlady1
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What's this LUMP!!!!

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am

It doesn't look normal. I'd keep a close eye on it and maybe take measurements of it to see if it's growing. If it is growing, then a vet visit is a really good idea. Either way, since budget is tight, I suggest putting aside what you can to try and save up for treatment. It's good to have an emergency fund for it either way. Vets also tend to be pretty good about working with people on payment plans etc and often have prices available ahead of time to give you an idea about how much to save.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby beardedlady1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:05 am

CooperDragon wrote:It doesn't look normal. I'd keep a close eye on it and maybe take measurements of it to see if it's growing. If it is growing, then a vet visit is a really good idea. Either way, since budget is tight, I suggest putting aside what you can to try and save up for treatment. It's good to have an emergency fund for it either way. Vets also tend to be pretty good about working with people on payment plans etc and often have prices available ahead of time to give you an idea about how much to save.

Thank you. Ill keep watch and see if it grows. That would certainly give me time to make arrangements. Im hoping its just an abscess and it will drain on its own. Hes been itching it with his back foot like a dog with fleas.
beardedlady1
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 am

It's probably irritating him. It's a concern how close to his eye it is, but if it isn't growing (or if it's growing very slowly) then it may not pose immediate danger and give you some time to save up for treatment.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby beardedlady1 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:00 am

ok it's been a month... But my paychecks have been less than $100 and all the pet places take beardies are $80 JUST TO WALK THROUGH THE DOORS. Idk what to do and now it's developed a black spot. It hasn't grown though. So that's good. Any ideas what it could be?? It doesn't seem to be bothering him as much as it's bothering me.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
beardedlady1
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health