Tips for changing feeding times of new beardie I'm adopting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a pretty good price for the procedures I'd say. Comparable to what my vet charges and quite a deal considering the training and experience that goes into veterinary medicine. Moderate pinworms shouldn't be a big deal and the Fenbendazole is usually pretty good at wiping those out or at least bringing them down to a low level that is manageable by the dragon's immune system. I'll have to read more about the entamoeba cysts.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
The entomoeba cysts were explained to me as part of the normal GI tract. They were in the 2+ category. The vet was not concerned about the entomoeba.

It's only been a few days since starting treatment but Devlyn is eating more and appears more energetic. It could be part coincidence of being more comfortable in her new space. I'm still happy with the good signs that the medicine has not made things appear worse in her behavior or appetite.

The approximate date the vet wants a new stool sample is March 17th.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK good. I'm glad to hear she is still energetic and eating. Fenbendazole/Panacur is usually relatively gentile on their systems (compared to older meds). She should bounce back from treatment pretty well.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
CooperDragon":z52l5b5m said:
OK good. I'm glad to hear she is still energetic and eating. Fenbendazole/Panacur is usually relatively gentile on their systems (compared to older meds). She should bounce back from treatment pretty well.
Do you know any signs and symptoms I can look for that are bad?

She finished her second round of Panacur less than a week ago. She still does not eat every day. Once or twice a week she won't eat anything...unless it was special like a horn worm or wax worm, she will always eat those.

I've been offering her dubia roaches, BSFL, and crickets. Such as if she rejects roaches she may eat BSFL. If she rejects BSFL she might eat crickets. She is slowly gaining weight. My kitchen scale only measures in 2 gram increments, so I should get a better scale to see smaller changes. She is at least 7.5 months old now. She started shedding again (legs). 13.25 inches long up from 13" when I got at 6 months old.

She has been pretty stubborn about greens since the last Panacur dose. I've tried adding blueberries, apples, or carrots to entice the greens. Devlyn apparently does not like sweet at all. She eats around blueberries! She spits out carrot and apple. Veggies she will sometimes eat: Parsley, Cilantro, Collards, Dandelion, and Kale. Veggies she has refused to try: Sweet potato (cooked or raw are refused), Endive, Green beans (cooked or raw refused). I tried cooking because it makes them softer, she gave them the stink eye each time.

Her behavior is much more energetic than before and is normal dragon behavior. She glass surfed for the 1st time I've seen yesterday. She is crawling around her enclosure more climbing her stuff. She wants outside but it is too cold in Minnesota. When it warms up I have a plan to get her outside.

She will see the vet around 4/20, but I was summoned for jury duty :cry: so I might miss it! I hope they don't pick me. My husband will have to take care of her, which he can do, he is not dumb. But she is my dragon and I want to take care of her.
103228-9629242811.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she's in good shape. She is just being picky and her energy level is up - all good signs. If something was wrong she'd probably be acting lethargic and losing weight and ignoring almost all food.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
She is pretty picky so I worry. Thank you.

Yesterday she ate no greens, 1 cricket and 1 dubia. She refused BSFL.

Today she ate more but it was a lot of work. She maybe ate endive, she tossed it everywhere which is great she feels sassy and energetic but hard to keep track.

Over 2 hours I offered her food every 30 minutes until she ate decently.

My method is show her food for no more than 5 minutes, because if she hasn't tried to eat she won't and I don't want to stress her out pushing food into her face.

First dubia (no), then crickets (1, then no), dubia (no), then BSFL and she ate a huge amount of 40. But she also didn't eat yesterday so of course she's hungry. She is very picky sassy pancake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom