Driftwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay22

Hi guys!
So I found this really nice piece of driftwood by a river a few days ago. I picked it up, thinking I was going to take it back and put it in Tavia’s cage. (After I cleaned it) so I went home and today I baked it for three hours at 315 degrees f. But some sap started to ooze out! I let it bake for a little while longer though, and once I let it cool it had hardened completely. It’s not sticky and she won’t be able to bite it off, but is it still safe for her to go on? I don’t want to put anything in her Viv that could poison her! :(
(I don’t know if this is the right topic area to put this thread in, so someone can feel free to move it if needed :) )
Thanks!

Em :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would cut/scrape the sap off and bake it one more time just to make sure there isn't more sap trapped underneath.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Em,

If it's just driftwood, the sap should not be toxic, especially if it has hardened
& she can't bite or chew it. I agree, it might be a good idea to scrape it & clean it off well then bake
it one more time to be sure. .

Tracie

Emjay22

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies guys! I’ll bake it again today, hopefully the sap all bubbles out.
Thanks again!

Em :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. I used driftwood and like it a lot. If you bake the sap out and keep it clean it shouldn't pose a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom