Getting my bearded dragon used to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Since it's a fine mesh it will need to go inside of tank--- the fine mesh filters out the UVB that is why-- make another post asking in the subject line "Help with hanging UVB"--- see what others suggest-- explain your situation
Karrie

YoshiBeardedDragon

Original Poster
YoshiBeardedDragon":3hvgqv05 said:
YoshiBeardedDragon":3hvgqv05 said:
KarrieRee":3hvgqv05 said:
What kind of mesh screen do you have? If it is a fine mesh it will definitely need to go inside the tank if its a wide screen it can sit on top for the T5 so you would need to get the T5 --- and you would need the fixture as they are more flat of a fixture-- others may have ideas w/ that type of top --
Karrie

It’s a fine mesh what should I do

Sorry about all my questions but which should I use again T5 or T8

What size should i get for a 20 gal

Emjay22

Hi there!
I think it really depends on how you’ve been judging her stress. If she just has stress marks in her belly, she might not be stressed, (they can be caused by a number of things, not just stress) and she could be trying to get warmer. Once you get the temp. gun, I’d make sure her basking spot is hot enough.
About her getting used to you, I’d take her out everyday (or as much as possible) so she’s used to someone holding her. Start with having her out for 5 minutes or so and then once she’s comfortable with that, take her out for longer, slowly increasing it each time. (Don’t keep her out for too long though, probably max. 15 minutes until you can notice her telling you she wants to go back in, mine stares at me very intensely) when you take her out, make sure to hold her close to your body so she feels safe :) good luck!

Em :)

Edit: I didn’t realize someone already answered your question, whoops :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom