When to take new beardie to the vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How early on should I take my baby to the vet? I'd like to take him and just get him a general visit and a fecal test done. He's still in the process of some serious relocation stress so I wasnt sure if I should do it now or wait until he has sort of settled in.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would wait till hes a little more settled in --- if hes not showing signs of being sick -- how long have you had him? I had Hiccup 3 weeks and that was probably not long enough -- others may give you a better time frame
Karrie

Whyitsdonut

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22nvlyyb said:
I would wait till hes a little more settled in --- if hes not showing signs of being sick -- how long have you had him? I had Hiccup 3 weeks and that was probably not long enough -- others may give you a better time frame
Karrie

A week and a day now. No signs of sickness per se. He doesn't eat a whole lot but he's relocating and shedding as well as getting a different protein now. So a lot has changed for him but no others signs of anything

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I would wait then -- it will make him more stressed-- give him more time -- he's shedding so he's not in the best of moods
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes give him some time to settle, but you have the right idea. It's good to establish some baseline stats and develop a relationship with a vet. That is very helpful if something serious comes up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom