Big belly

Status
Not open for further replies.

amelia1

103789-4926193752.jpg

My bearded dragon’s belly looks a little bigger than usual. It’s hard to tell in the picture but it is slightly distended, it looked a little worse before. Is he fat or is this another health concern? He is a juvenile and I’m pretty sure he is a male.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks healthy to me. They are able to puff out and pancake at will so their skin and bellies tend to be pretty flexible and change from time to time.

Emjay22

No need to be worried, they can puff out or suck in their bellies. Tavia’s belly blows up like a ballon when she’s eating her crickets and then flattens back out a bit after a few minutes. As long as there’s no hard lumps in it, then he’s okay. (To check, gently massage his belly) if there is then look up ‘impactions’ on here and you should find a solution. Good luck with him! (He’s gorgeous by the way)

Em :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The beardie belly looks normal to me also. They will become a bit larger if they have just eaten,
or as suggested, they are pancaking.
He definitely isn't fat & he is still growing so he will fill out a lot more as he gets older.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom