Arcadia 14% Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all!

I recently switched out my Arcadia 12% for the 14%. Right now, I have it sitting on top of the screen (Zen Habitat). Is that okay given the strength of that bulb, and if so, what would the correct distance from my beardie be? I've searched and come up with so many different distances, I thought I would just ask. Next investment: solarmeter!

Thank you for any input!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is a solar meter? I have the Zen Habitat as well w/ the T 5 right now -- mine is in my tank approx 15 inches from him --- I will be switching out the bulb a D3 Arcadia in Dec -- they say it should be 10-11 inches for the T-5's - it is the HO- but not a 10.0 -- the T 8's 6-8 inches since they are not as strong a bulb as the T 5's--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How close can your dragon get to it at the basking surface.

Leaving it on the screen will be fine. We used to all leave the old 10.0s on the screens for years and never had issues. I would only mount it in the tank if it was a 24"+ in height tank.

If you get that solarmeter make sure you let us know. Be interesting to be able to do some tests.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom