IMPACTION PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, so my bearded dragon is an interesting dragon. Every time he poops he does it in his veggie dish so we put his veggies somewhere else and his old dish became a beardie toilet. Today he tried to go to the washroom and all that came out was a dribble of liquid. He is 4 months old 90 grams and he hasn't been losing weight. He eats his veggies when people aren't looking even though we are from around the corner. He also eats 40 half inch or three quarter inch crickets per day. He will be switching to black soldier fly larva in 4 days. Please respond soon!

Thanks, Toothless37

Foxxy76

A bath w/gentle tummy massage, pure olive oil (1-2 drops dripped on snout so they lick it) and pure puree pumpkin can help.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has it been since he poo'd? Why do you think it's impaction? Is he showing any other signs besides that he didn't poop?
Just like all living creatures, BM's can be irregular, it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Three days isn't too bad. I'd keep up with offering some extra water for now. Olive oil may be helpful as well as some baby food applesauce or prunes. I'd give it a bit more time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom