Reducing glass dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
My little rescue is getting stronger and doing a lot of running around. Issue is she is starting to glass dance a lot the last week or so, to the point she isn't basking enough.

I switched her cage around some, moved the uvb and furniture to the end she is dancing at, also covered the end of the cage with black paper.
Its reduced the dancing some or at least there isn't a dark corner their anymore for her to hide in.

I've tried taking her out, she hates being handled and doesn't seem to actually want out. The end that she dances at is up against the wall so it's not like she could see something she wanted.

I'm guessing she is around 6 months so it shouldn't be hormones yet. I like the fact she is moving and getting strong but she seems distressed about something. The only new thing to the cage is the uvb which I mounted inside.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post pics of the tank to give us a better idea of what is going on w/ her and the set up
Karrie

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Temp is 100 on basking spot. There are two uvb, a reptisun 10 tube on the right and a reptisun 10 compact in the foil cover lamp, using it just for brightness

23j699c.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you want to use just a light for light then you can use a household bulb regular the old ones - no LED-- tends to hurt their eyes---- someone was saying that it added heat to their tank but I have a regular old house hold bulb in mine sits on the cool side of tank just for lighting and it has never raised the temp in the tank --- try that -- those bulbs are getting hard to find -- the dome its in says 60 watts or smaller so I am not even sure what watt that bulb is ---- or you can buy a daylight bulb from the pet store but they are spendy. To post pics go to top of page click on User Image Uploader -- down load pics-- click reply -- on top of message box click on XIMG - post pics
thanks Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may just be adjusting to her new home and testing boundaries now that she has some energy to do so. The setup looks very nice. Since she doesn't seem to actually want out, that's my best guess at the moment. Not much to do about it except let her glass dance as long as it's not causing her any harm.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks cooper, I never thought about that. She does seem to be slowing down on the dancing some, hopefully she will eventually settle down more. Now if I can just get her tamed down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom