HELP..New baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevierae

Hello all. I've been trying to get answers all throughout this site but I need to ask.. we purchased 2 baby bearded dragons from the pet store. Same tank to same tank. My one girl( we will say) was doing fine.. perky, moved around the new home and then climbed up a fake tree and there she slept.. and since then has hardly done anything. She's very limp like. Head is always all the way flat on the floor. Day 2 and I decided to try and give water for dehydration.. she drank some water and perked up again.. it once back in tank she just laid down and sleeps. Now she is shedding a bit.. and I know from previous experience that when they shed they are cranky and sluggish.i dont know if I should bring her back, to a vet.. what??? I also know that change of habitat can be stressful. But the other one is doing just fine. I have a picture if I can figure out how to attach. Any help will be appreciated

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of times this can happen with cohabitation. One will thrive and the other will be submissive and sickly. Cohabitation can work occasionally, but only with experienced keepers who know the signs to watch for and the means of separating if need be.

You are correct, relocation stress and shedding both can cause a dragon to act like this. Combined, it's a recipie for an unhappy beardie. Now combine that with potentially being dominated by your tank mate and you've got a recipe for a very tough time ahead for your baby.

Personally I do not cohabitate and I would suggest the same for you. Just my advice though.

At the very least can you go over a few key parts of your husbandry with us?

Basking surface temp?
How are you measuring this temp?
Type of uvb bulb? Coil or long fluorescent tube?

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would definitely separate if you want the other one to survive-- bearded dragons are never to be housed together--- please post pics of their tank and lighting
thank you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom