Possible infection? His leg is slightly swollen.

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Possible infection? His leg is slightly swollen.

Postby mmboisari » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 pm

[XIMG]10378[Click image to enlarge]
2 4580209334[/XIMG] I recently adopted my beardie milo from a friend, and his leg was like this when i brought him home. It seems painful and he dosent move around too much, Im getting really worried about it. (it is not oozing, that is neosporin i applied after washing it with a weak betadine soloution for the first time) Should i take him to a vet?
mmboisari
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Possible infection? His leg is slightly swollen.

Postby mmboisari » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Heres another photo (without neosporin). The friend i got him on didnt have him on the best diet either, and he had really not been handled in a while with minimal attention given, i got him around two days ago and have him on a meal plan. He is eating and drinking fine but he can take some coaxing at times.
mmboisari
Newbie Poster

Postby SandP » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 am

I would definitely take him to the vet asap. The second pic almost looks like it was broken, possibly crushed and may have internal bleeding or infection. It's hard to tell. How is his set up? Since he doesn't move it around much is he able to get close enough to his uvb and basking light? Can you show us his tank and list the brands of the bulbs used. Do you know how old he is? A full shot of him would be nice too. Just want to make sure everything is as best as it can be to make sure he has the best chance to get better.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 am

Hello,

Just checking to see how your dragon was doing & whether or not you had taken him to see
a vet? Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER