My Bearded dragon has a limp leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an adult female bearded dragon and just today I noticed something wrong with her left hind leg. She's not dragging it or anyting but when she walks she lifts it up in the air. When I gently move the leg back and forth it seems very limp. While all of her other limbs feel more stiff. She doesn't have any trouble getting around on just the three legs but I am worried about her. I'm curious to know if it could just be a strain or maybe a muscle spasm and that's why she's not moving it or if it's something more serious. I know I should probably get a little extra calcium in her diet but that's no problem and she has access to food almost everyday and proper lighting. Thank you to anybody who comments as I am worried that it could be serious like MBD. Until then, thank you for the support.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Can you show us a pic of your dragon, a video would be great too and a pic of your set up? Also could you list the brands of the bulbs you are using and how long it's been since you've changed the uvb bulb? You said she has access to food almost every day, is there a reason she isn't fed every day? When she does get fed what are you feeding her? If you could answer these questions it would be easier for us to help.

ThatAwkwardkid

Original Poster
I offer her food everyday but sometimes she's just not hungry. Right now she's in a 40 gallon standard terrarium and I know I should probably get a larger one. Her UVB bulb is a Exo Terra 13 watt reptile UVB bulb, and I'm pretty sure I should get a stronger one or replace the one she has. Her basking bulb is an all living things 100Watt neodymium basking bulb which also provides UVA light. I've felt the skin under her leg and it's much softer than the skin under her other leg. The skin around the leg is also very soft and I guess you could say loose. What I feed her is a mix of crickets, superworms, dubia roaches, and leafy greens. I only feed her superworms on occasion as they're her favorite and she could easily eat her way into some very bad digestive problems. And I'm not sure how to give pictures or video, I can either figure it out or I can leave a link to a video on my channel showing her leg, if that helps at all.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can post pics by going to User Image Uploader at the top of this page- down load pics- click reply - at top of message box click on XIMG -- pics should post ---- my guess is she needs a better UVB this is what people on the forum recommend -- a Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. These are the best if you want you can also get the Reptisun 10.0 T 8 - they fit the regular fixture but are not as strong as the T 5-- and you would need to mount inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from basking spot-- they also need to be replace every 6 months whereas the T 5 once a year--
Karrie

ThatAwkwardkid

Original Poster
I've looked and there's no option for adding video or picture for me. I felt her leg again and the skin seems to be tightening back up but that could have just been the position she was in stretching her leg. I'm going to try the new UVB and see if anything changes. Until then I'll keep updating. Thank you for your reply.

SPandS

Juvie Member
A new stronger uvb bulb should definitely help if the leg problem is due to mbd. How often do you dust her food with calcium? If you have a video I think most people use YouTube and just post the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom