Extra light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjj3100

Hello new new. Can I ask what I can use on the cool side just to add light. Does it need to be a uvb. Does it need to be the 26 watts or is the 13 watt okay. I have a 40 gallon starter kit. The zoo meed deep fixtures are to the left side wich is the hot side with the basking bulb first then the uvb. So I was wondering if I could switch it so it’s uvb basking uvb or is that to much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The pic did not post if you tried --- go to top of page click on User Image Uploader - down load pics - click on reply at top of message box click on XIMG --pics should post
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That coil type UVB is basically useless where it is, little to no UVB is getting through the screen top. Even in prime position it doesn't put out enough UVB to do the job. They are hard on a dragon's eyes. For optimum effect you need to get a better UVB light such as a Reptisun 10.0 T5 or an Arcadia T5 12%D3, as much as I don't advise it, eve a T8 10.0 is better than what is there now.

Jjj3100

Original Poster
Thank you very much. I have a 36 inch tank would a 24 inch be okay so I can keep the basking light on top of the screen as well. I believe the 30 inch is actually 32 inch that will only give 4 inches for the basking fixture

Jjj3100

Original Poster
I went with the 30 inch reptisun t5 10.0 and got rid of the carpet and put down critters harvest bedding. The light are on from 630 am to 930 pm with the time change. Since I changed the light and the substrate he goes in his hide and goes to sleep at 730. This has happpened the last two nites should I be worried. Jedi is 3 months old. Basking spot 105 tank temp 95 and cool side 78-80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom