Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
I'm getting 2 females this week and a Male next week I live in Michigan I keep temperature at 68 in the winter and 68 in the summer my house is a Cape cod style so upstairs stay warmer and that's where they will live in my game room I will try to post a pic of the girls will be here tue

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Thanks. wattage is 50 watt flood 8 inches from basking platform keeps it about 104 -105 I use a 65 watt dome on cool side keeps it between 82-92 depending where I check

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Yes breeder said they will be fine together.also researched it a bit and everything I read says 2 female will do well together

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Bearded dragons are never to be housed together ---- even females----- not happy w/ that breeder!! Everyone on this board will tell you the same -- they are very territorial---- please only get one female or build another tank ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good idea ---- what ever you decide to do but please do not put two of them together- one will become dominant over the other and will suffer-
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
Awesome looking dragons but I agree they should never be housed together. The cool side is also a bit warm.

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Well we got them they are so cool I have the 3rd viv al.ost done and will order the Male on Sunday I reduced the cool side bulb from 65 to 60 flood see if that gets the Temp down a little on cool side I'll take pics once I get them all settled in.My grandson named the white one cloud what do you think. Also should I post picks here or some where else Thanks again everyone for all your help

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
I know this is a feeding question but I figured you would help me Karrie do I just my roaches ever feeding or only dust them for one

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Bugs should be dusted 5x per week w/ calcium D3 2x per week w/ vitamins-- cloud is a cute name--
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
So if they eat twice a day one feeding per day should be dusted for 5 days and 2 x a week multivitamin ok that's good to know cause I read some where else the recommended once a week multivitamin

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Depending on how many times the dragons will eat --- if they eat 2 times per day dust them both times-- Hiccup would never eat twice / day- only once - I offered him greens daily as well so do the same for yours - mustard collard turnip greens - they probably wont eat it beings their main diet at this time is bugs--- approx around a year that will flip and they will start eating more greens - you can offer them fruit like apples grapes strawberries blueberries mango NO Citrus--- I hope you are planning to start a colony of roaches unless you have already---- they are going to eat you out of house and home w/ the roach thing-----------
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom