Is this beardie poop normal?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Is this beardie poop normal?

Postby Whyitsdonut » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am

[Click image to enlarge]

This is the first one he has taken that has looking like this, the urate was separate from the poop. The urate was a bit harder than normal (sort of crusty I guess, it broke apart easy but was hard) and the poop had sort of of different color on the end. It was a little smellier than usual (could only smell it when I put my nose in the tank or got close to it).

The harder urate could also be because it was on his basking rock and I had gone to the store for about an hour and he pooped while I was gone. So the basking lamp could have dried it out/cooked it a bit.
Whyitsdonut
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Is this beardie poop normal?

Postby SandP » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am

It looks small and dry but since it's been laying under the basking light that's understandable. I don't think anything is wrong with it.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Re: Is this beardie poop normal?

Postby Whyitsdonut » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:40 pm

SandP wrote:It looks small and dry but since it's been laying under the basking light that's understandable. I don't think anything is wrong with it.

Yeah the size isn't an issue right now I dont think. The little guy is new this week so he's not eating much due to relocation stress and shedding.
Whyitsdonut
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health