Like A Weed!!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Like A Weed!!

Postby fuchsiaSkies » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi, Friends! Long time no see!!

Just thought I'd stop by to catch up and update you all on my adventures! (Please excuse my funny-looking sheds!) :)

First of all, me and Mama moved, I'm a city dragon now!
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

We had a super fun Farewell Party at Mama's favorite pub!
[Click image to enlarge]

She taught me to play pool, and now the guys think I'm a shark, whatever that means... 8)
[Click image to enlarge]

We also played some ping pong, and video golf. We talked to lotsa people about dragons and even got some humans that were afraid of me to change their minds and give me some pets! Mama said I could be a dragon ambassador. :D
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

After that, we went on something called a Pontoon Boat! (Don't worry, Mama and her friends kept a close eye on me and looked out for those scary birbs, too!)
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

We chilled at home for a little while...
[Click image to enlarge]

But when I woke up, Mama said we were in some place called Georgia! Apparently I slept across four states! We spent some time hanging out by the pool... (I didn't want to go in the water, but even if I did feel like it, Mama said the pool was salt water, so there woulda been no yucky chemicals for me. In fact, the place we were was completely organic and no pesticides or herbicides at all were used on anything! It was super fun to be able to run around!)
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Silly Mama forgot to take pictures, but we also met some giant things called Horses that lived there, and we ate some amazing fresh blueberries right off the bush! :D

Boy was it hot in this place, but I got to run around in the grass and cool down for a bit.
[Click image to enlarge]

When we got back, Mama's friend let me take a spin in his '59 Corvette. I though the color suited me quite well. 8)
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

After all my adventures, I was pooped!
[Click image to enlarge]

But don't worry, I still had enough energy for a couple more sexy legs.
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great and getting some awesome summertime sun!

Lots of love,
[Click image to enlarge]

Thomas Patrick Phillips

Ps. Mama says I should be finally done growing, at least she hopes so because I won't fit in her apartment soon!

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
fuchsiaSkies
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 am

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you've gotten such great adventures in =)
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby fuchsiaSkies » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 am

CooperDragon wrote:Welcome back! I'm glad to see you've gotten such great adventures in =)

Thanks! :D We went on a mini-break to visit some friends and family- first vacation I've ever been on, and I'm almost 2!! Mama says I am spoiled rotten after all this outside sunshine time. :lol: 8)
fuchsiaSkies
Hatchling Poster

Postby fuchsiaSkies » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey Everybody!

Long time no see! Just checking in on all my dragon buddies, since it's almost my 2nd Gotcha Day! Remember when I was this bitty? Almost 2 whole years ago!
[Click image to enlarge]

I also want to introduce... The Intruders! (They are up for adoption, if anyone is in the Baltimore area or reasonable half-way driving distance)
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Mama is fostering 2 rescue beardies! They were being sold on Craigslist along with 2 other little dudes. They are over 2 years old, but unfortunately are pretty stunted and will probably never reach 'average' adult beardie size. :cry: They were very undernourished, never had proper lighting or diet, were kept together ( :shock: ), and on yucky, dirty sand ( :puke: )!

[Click image to enlarge]

We've been calling this little guy LB (Little Boy). He is about the size I was when I was 5-6 months old, and he is actually older than me! He is an eating machine, likes long runs down the hallway, and sexy-leggin' atop his salad. :lol: I guess he is kinda cute, but he's still an Intruder!
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

The other one we call Squirt.
[Click image to enlarge]

She (the previous owner thought she was a boy!) is an amazing color-changing dragon! She came to us normal brownish-tan beardie color, but after a couple days of fresh salads, some baths, and some brand new lights (and also getting her own tank!), she turned bright yellow! She is also a fantastic eater, sometimes 2 helpings of salad a day, and she'll eat anything we give her! (She's very fond of bell peppers and butternut! :) ) Can you believe these next 2 pictures are the same dragon?!
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

They are both doing so much better than they were when they got here, and have gained around 25 grams each! They both shed most of their bodies, which is wonderful, because even after lots of baths and soaking, they were still pretty dirty. I even let them borrow Mama for snuggles... But only sometimes! :P

Unfortunately, they make me very angry, and I am not allowed anywhere near them. (Don't worry, the only time we were ever even out at the same time was in those two pictures, and we were all fast asleep!!) Mama even covered their tanks so none of us can see each other! [Click image to enlarge]

But enough about the Intruders, this is my story. I've been doing great, had as many adventures as I could before it got too cold. Here's when I climbed Fire-Wood Mountain all by myself to get the best sun spot:
[Click image to enlarge]

And when we hung out by the fire afterwards (it was lovely and toasty!):
[Click image to enlarge]

But alas, we already had our first snow and I can't play outside any more. So I'll just relax inside with Mama and enjoy a nice glass of the finest Scotch. 8) [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

Have an amazing day, Everyone, and Happy Holidays!

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

Ps. Seriously, if anyone is interested in adopting either one of the Intruders, please don't hesitate to ask Mama. She said we will not ship, but we are willing to meet up with forever homes at a reasonable half-way point. We are quite fond of them, but this is a One-Dragon-Household!! :x :D
fuchsiaSkies
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby BeardedMabel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 am

so cute!
BeardedMabel
Hatchling Poster

Postby Aaradimian » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 am

This post made me smile. I need to take my dragons on more adventures :)
Aaradimian
Juvie Poster

Postby fuchsiaSkies » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:44 am

BeardedMabel wrote:so cute!

Aww, thanks! :love10:
fuchsiaSkies
Hatchling Poster

Postby fuchsiaSkies » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 am

Aaradimian wrote:This post made me smile. I need to take my dragons on more adventures :)

Agreed!! We are sooo excited for the warm weather to return so we can go on more adventures! :love10: :love5: :blob5:
fuchsiaSkies
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales