New way of basking??

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

New way of basking??

Postby chloewoolsey12 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi! I have had my beardie queso for about 3 months now, didn’t get an exact age when we got him so i’m not sure how old. Usually when he would be basking he’d have his head up and look less drained/sort of upset looking lol. Is there anything wrong with this behavior? He tends to stay up there most of the day and come down and eat greens do a bit of tank dancing and get in his water bowl. Just not used to him resting his head on his log. He sometimes shuts his eyes and seems to nap. I’ll try to insert a picture, he just looks less happy to me /: should I be concerned or is this just how he likes to bask now?
chloewoolsey12
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: New way of basking??

Postby Gormagon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Is he getting any insects at all?
You can upload pics here www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads then use the XIMG tab in the header above the reply box, choose the pic and BINGO!!!
Be sure to post images of his entire setup along with pics of him, this will help greatly.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby chloewoolsey12 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:48 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Gormagon wrote:Is he getting any insects at all?
You can upload pics here http://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads then use the XIMG tab in the header above the reply box, choose the pic and BINGO!!!
Be sure to post images of his entire setup along with pics of him, this will help greatly.
chloewoolsey12
Newbie Poster

Postby chloewoolsey12 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 pm

chloewoolsey12 wrote:[Click image to enlarge]
Gormagon wrote:Is he getting any insects at all?
You can upload pics here http://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads then use the XIMG tab in the header above the reply box, choose the pic and BINGO!!!

his thermometer says a low temp cause i had him out for awhile and this is right after putting him back in! He ate about 15 crickets today, but not near as many as he usually does. He’s a pretty frequent shedder most the times 2 a month so i’m thinking maybe one is coming on??? I got him out and gave him some love and he had tons of energy was very sweet then gave him a warm bath and he’s seeming to be more himself
chloewoolsey12
Newbie Poster

Postby BeardedMabel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:22 am

i dont see an UVB anywhere, it should be over his basking spot. do you have an UVB light for him?
BeardedMabel
Hatchling Poster

Postby claudiusx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 am

Additionally, those thermometers are wildly inaccurate. Nothing is more important than proper basking temperatures for dragons. You need to get either a digital thermometer with probe end, or an infrared thermometer.

The fact that he stays up there most of the day might indicate that it's not hot enough for him. Either way we won't know until you know. And you won't know until you get one of the thermometers i suggested.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Behavior