Free Range dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":39mgotm2 said:
Hello there, KevinsMom:

Do you ever have issues with the big guy being anxious in his tank when he's not just roaming and ruling the house? I let Tampico roam a lot when I'm home and she puts up a big ol stink sometimes when I'm at work. I'll check on her via nannycam and she just goes crazy. Scrapping and running from end to end up and down the glass. Just wondering if this is normal for yours because you let him roam so much.

Thank you!
Vanessa

Kevin freaks out when he goes in a tank -he would slam himself against the glass like he was trying to break out - so i slowly started to see how he was outside the tank. He’d gu and down the stairs, tuck himself into a favorite spot to nap and then go to his window with the MVB bulb to warm up again. He really hasn’t been in one for a few years- he’s been a free range guy for so long and he’s so big that he has no fear outside of a tank.
Sorry I can’t help you more - but he rules the house.

lunarminx

Our baby girl will end up mainly free ranged or in a open cage except at bedtime or when we are gone. I have 3 cats and all but one enjoy my open guinea pig cage daily/all day. I think the only reason our female doesn't go in it as she is too fat to jump that high or climb up. Our one cat that passed from cancer napped as much as possible with the piggies, he even tried to drink from the water bottles. And the pigs are use to them and will eat the hay around the sleeping one. Every animal but my anoles will go free off and on, they are so small and quick that they will get the cats running back and forth. Puff has about 4 -6 months before that happens. When we have her out and a cat comes up, they smell her through fingers as they get lots of pets and loves so they associate pleasure with them and for running back and forth at the cage, they get squirted. It is how they came to accept the piggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom