Worse Symptoms After Vet Visit - Pneumonia - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry that he's had another rough patch. :( I'm thinking that the bath stressed him out a lot since he was trying so hard to get out. Then he may have swallowed a bit of water + it came back up later with the slurry. Hopefully that's all it was. He doesn't need any soaks because the slurries give him plenty of hydration. Anything that is extra stress should be taken out of an otherwise normal rourine.

I hope to hear a good or at least stable update !

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My concern is more for that red mucus...is there a possibility that may have come from the lungs?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Was any of the food pink or reddish ? It's far more likely that everything came from the stomach.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No....nothing, the green is the slurry he was given, and the only other thing he ate was a superworm three days before, and they had nothing red to eat either. So this is even more troubling now....the outcome does not look great...huh?

I know he did not swallow any water, his head was well out of any water, it was pretty shallow.

I am starting to think, the previous parasites, the resp infection, and now this...well blood in the stomach...was all part of something bigger for this little guy. I am so heart broken, I know I did all I could and gave him the very best, but my gut is telling me something else, something much bigger may be going on here.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so so sorry that he has had so much trouble. You are doing absolutely everything you
can. I hope his liver isn't going.
How is he doing today, any improvements? Is his beard still black or has it receded some?
It is possible that it is just something that he ate but if he vomited then it can cause GI irritation
which could produce some blood, also.
Please keep us posted on your boy, I will be thinking about you both.

Tracie

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I took him to the vet on Friday. He was looked over, and this vet was very good in terms of listening to me and not stressing the little guy out. The vet let me open Tinker's mouth instead and the vet did not see anything down his throat. The vet checked him over, and said that at this point he looked pretty healthy. He listened to his little lungs and did not hear anything unusual, nor did he see any mucus. So based on my findings and exam, the respiratory infection is gone. He did not feel any lumps, bumps, fullness, in the body cavity, and little Tinkerdoodle did not seem to be in pain on exam.

However, the vomiting was still a question. Not so much the vomiting, but the vomiting of the coagulated blood. The pic I posted earlier to this thread was the aftermath of me picking up the vomit. But the bloody patch was actually a small kind of cyst like coagulation. Basically, the vet is not sure what may have caused this...a previous bleed from stress, or from long term Ceft Inj....ulcerative issues....worst case it is a tumor. I was not able to get a poop sample in, as when he did poop just a little on the Thursday before he vomited, I did not even think to save it. I am really not convinced this is parasite related though, as he was just tested and treated in December.

Not going to lie, I am quite worried. The vet did not think it was going to be too helpful to proceed with further testing at this time (besides a fecal, if I can get one). As if this is something more severe, it is likely to play out very quickly. I have to say I agreed with him on this one. Poor guy has already been through the ringer lately. X-rays in December showed no tumors or masses. So if there is a tumor or mass it is not showing up on x-ray anyway.

Little Tinkers has not been as black as he was since vomiting. In fact, most of the time he is normal to grey. Grey could mostly be due to being on the colder end more often than not now. Once in a while I have seen a darker beard, but it resolves pretty quickly.

I have at this point decided to let him do what he wants to do. I am caught between stressing him out, and leaving him alone. Since the respiratory infection is pretty clear, I think it is best to let him do what he wants. He is more lethargic than usual. I still am not sure if this is brumation or sickness. He spends a lot of time in his cave on the cool side chillin' or sleeping. He does usually crawl out in the morning to the warmer end, but rarely gets up to bask. He has not eaten on his own since February 26th when he ate 1 worm. The last time I fed him slurry was March 6th, which he threw up on Thursday. So I am not going to be forcing him to eat anymore. I don't feel it is in his best interest for me to do so and he is not basking enough anyway. I am torn, but I think I need to let this play out.

The vet did give me a medicine for ulcers....but I have no given him any yet. I am reluctant to add more meds, and stress. If he is passing, I want him to be as stress free as possible. Who knows, it is hard to tell. I weighed him on March 3 and he was 368 grams, on March 8 he was 360 grams, but he pooped and threw up prior, so that is not unusual.

On the flip side, he has not vomited since, so he cannot be actively bleeding, nothing is coming out in either direction. So....I am just playing a wait and see game, and it is not fun at all, but I have nothing else to do. Poor little man.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It is with a heavy heart that I let you all know, that my little Tinkerdoodles passed away today. I cuddled with him this morning, and gave him little kisses before going to work. He climbed up to the top of his basking log, and sometime while I was at work he passed. Thanks especially to AHBD and Tracie (Drache13) for all of your support and advice through all of this. It is very much appreciated. My poor little guy, he will be terribly missed.
27248-2998167495.jpg

Runflyride

I just wanted you to know how moved I was by the valiant effort you made to save your dragon. I have been lurking on this forum for a long time but it was your posts that made me finally register so I could post. I get so frustrated by those who take on these beautiful creatures as pets and are unwilling to take the steps required to help them when most in need. You went above and beyond and my heart breaks with you.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Runflyride":1ngpdecj said:
I just wanted you to know how moved I was by the valiant effort you made to save your dragon. I have been lurking on this forum for a long time but it was your posts that made me finally register so I could post. I get so frustrated by those who take on these beautiful creatures as pets and are unwilling to take the steps required to help them when most in need. You went above and beyond and my heart breaks with you.
Thank you so much for your post. It means a lot and I am very touched.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

OH NO! I came on to post & respond to your last post & did not expect to see your latest one. :cry:
I am so sorry you lost little Tinkers, you did absolutely everything in your power to save him. I know
that he was extremely well loved & cared for & knew that you loved him. He was not alone. It was
something that just developed unfortunately. He had been through the mill that is for sure.
My heart breaks for you & with you. :cry:

Tracie

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie....I was expecting this outcome for a couple of months now. I fought with him as long as he let me. It looks like he went relativley comfortably. I found him in his bed. So hopefully that was the case. I am missing my little man. I think the respiratory infection was due to an underlying and more severe condition unfortunately.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
I am so sorry for your loss! I have been following this thread, but never had much advice to give, but was hoping your little one would pull through. I commend you on all the efforts you took for your little guy! I'm glad it seems that he passed peacefully. My heart breaks and tears deep for you and your little one. I cannot begin to fathom your heartbreak. He was a deeply loved little guy, I'm sure of it! Take care!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh no, I just saw this today....don't know how I missed it. I just now saw the RIP added to your thread and now a very heavy heart on my end . :( Nothing compared to your heavy heart though. I agree with the others, you went above + beyond to help your baby, I can't imagine how sad you are. My heartfelt condolences to you . :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom