Urgent new beardie owner help - is this poo normal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks!

Our beardie just arrived yesterday and didn't eat much. She's eaten some better today (finally took some veg, not interested in the crickets) and then she just had this massive poo. This is my first beardie, therefore first time seeing her poop and I have no idea what the gigantic chunks are in the middle! Could she have been given a pinky mouse before she was shipped to tide her over for the 24 haul? I've emailed the breeder but no response yet and I'm just not sure if this is normal or abnormal and don't want to waste time if I need to get her to the vet.

Thank you for your quick response!
Shannon

103627-5673876922.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Shannon, it looks totally within the acceptable range of normal poo. :) If anything it may sow a bit of dehydration [ the urate which should be white is a bit off color ] but it's really nothing to worry about. Keep her hydrated + hopefully she'll settle right in, but it can take a few days , a week or a bit more. Any pics of your new baby + her set up ?

MomNSonBeardieTeam

Original Poster
Hi there!

Thx! I heard from the breeder as well and she said it's all good. Glad to hear it from more than one source!

I'll post intro pics of her in the introduction part of the forum.

Thx a ton for your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom