Weird teeny tiny yellow rice looking things in beardies poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie19

Hello all. My bearded dragon is 9 months old. He is eating well has no signs of lethargy he has no stress lines or black bearding just as curious and calm as he always has been. I recently gave him a warm soak to help him poo and saw these weird things in his poop. He only eats fresh kale, crickets and as of two days ago we gave him a few hornworms as a treat. I'm worried this might be parasites or something else of concern. I sent a picture to his vets and they said they can't be sure and to take him in. I can't afford going in if its just going to end up being nothing. Has anyone seen this before. His poop was pretty solid as it always is. The water you see in the pictures is leftover from his bath.

101010-5899928608.jpg

101010-6408664659.jpg

101010-3372278684.jpg

101010-8598958421.jpg

Foxxy76

It's hard to tell but try googling 'cricket eggs' or 'cricket eggs in bearded dragon poop'. It's hard to see from the pictures because they're so small. Plant fiber can kind of look like straws in feces. You can also take a sample to a vet for a fecal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Parasites tend to be microscopic so I don't think that's what you're seeing. I'm not sure of the source but it appears to be undigested material. At the moment I'd treat it like an upset stomach and continue to watch over the next few weeks. If it keeps looking messy like that, it's probably worth having a vet check it out. If it's just an upset stomach or food related, then it should clear up within that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom