Hairdogg247

Original Poster
My basking light is about 8 inches from top of his basking platform
And the temp has been 97-112 cool side has been 78-89 is that seem ok

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes that is good - are you taking those temps w/ the infrared heat gun?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sounds good -- just keep an eye on that basking temp I take mine about every couple of days just make sure its not getting too hot - I just changed the bulb out here last week as the other one blew -- you will notice a change in behavior if its getting too hot -- mine fluctuates w/ the room temp- if I have a good sunny day its warmer in his tank versus cloudy days etc................
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Ok I just took temps after everything was on for 14 hrs the high temp directly under the light just in that one spot 114 if I move a little away it 107 to the lowest 98 this is on the basking platform which is 5×11 and 2 inches thick The rest of the tank a low of 82 - 92 humidity 29 I hope this is good cause we are going to try and order dragons this Sunday this temps stay constant all day after temp come up which didn't take to long
Timer was set 6am 8PM

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
114 is a little warm can you adjust the spot where they will sit--- I know babies like it warmer but 114 to me is questionable-- someone else can weigh in on this
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Still working on trying to get heat right if the basking bulb is between 7.5 to 8 inches form top of basking platform is that ok if the heat is 105-107 . I thought I read as long as your no closer than 6 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Trial and error -- you will haft to see how the dragon likes the heat -- some dont like it so hot -- you will haft to follow their lead ----
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is this a separate hydrometer? I have one placed in the center of my back wall
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Yes it has a probe for humidity and one for temp its digital.
I have the probe halfway down and in the middle actually have a piece of tape holding it there the suction cup wouldn't keep it face the right way I have it pointed toward the front

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Interesting since mine is a dial --- and separate - its reading around 33% which is moderate-- it will go down today w/ the lights on --- mine has the markings w/ desert - moderate - tropical -- it will go towards the desert mark during the day and climbs at nite -- so w/ that 29 reading your in the moderate stage which is fine- when it starts getting higher than 60% then I would say something needs to be done- I do not keep water in my tank --
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
THANKS again Karrie also that's with lights on for 14 hrs.It might drop at night temp wise to about 66-68 humidity about 35 -40
Also wish me luck going to order two in a few minutes hope to have them no later then mid week

SPandS

Juvie Member
What wattage are you using for the basking bulb? Also what type of fixture? I use a dimmable dome and for me it makes adjusting the temps so much easier than changing wattage or adjusting the height. As the ambient temps change with the seasons you will probably also have to adjust your temps unless you keep your house the same temp all year long. Some people even use thermostats so you will never have to worry about any of that. 66 is a bit cool for night time temps, anything lower and you will need to get a ceramic heat emitter to bump them up a bit. Personally I would do it anyway to keep it about 70. Your humidity sounds fine.

Good luck with your new beardies. Do you have any pics from the breeder you can show us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom