Early sings of MBD? Need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi,
So my girl, Liz, has had some back leg tremors for the past several months, they haven't gotten any worse, they even seem a little better. But I'm going to do more. She's 7 years old now. The tremors don't seem to bother Liz, they happen the most when a I pick her up and that's about 97 percent of the time I feel and see the tremor. They are not very bad tremors just a little vibration/shake that lasts maybe, at the longest, half a minute.
I took her to the vet when I first noticed it, but the vet didn't do anything about it. (The vet was a reptile vet, supposedly).
Anyway I need some help on deciding which liquid calcium I should get from bug-de-lite? the Clalci- blast or just the Liquid Calcium? (I'm going to try and fix this at home if I can.) And anything else you all recommend?
I do all soft organic baby food feeding through a syringe, with powdered calcium (twice a week, I'm going to do it more often) Spirulina, and bee pollen. (I do all soft food because it was so hard to get them to eat more solid food, and they are really picky.)
I've gone in order of what I feed the most to lest.
Butternut squash,
Mango,
Greenbean,
Apple Blueberry,
I have some others but this is what I've been feeding over the last 2 weeks roughly....
I get live superworms sometimes, and dried mealworms (I mix those into their baby food occasionally) I get Dubias sometimes too. I'm getting dandelion greens today at the store (hopefully, they have them.) And getting insects today too.

Liz's UVB is a Desert 50 UVB T8 Fluorescent tube, placed on top of screen. (It's the best I can do right now)
Heat bulb 100 watts temp under bulb 100 f, cool side 75 f.
On the warmer days coming up I'm going to take her outside for little bits, to get her more UVB.
I want the very best life for all my BDs, so I'm all ears!
Thank you!
P.S. I use the Beautiful Bearded Dragon Nutrition Chart.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess shes not getting enough UVB --- I would change out that UVB to this a Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. It would need to be placed in tank approx 10-11 inches from her basking spot-- you can visit this website for the fixture and light www.pangeareptiles.com -- I cant recommend calcium meds as I am not familiar w/ them but others on the website can --- the light being on top of tank is doing her no good as the screen filters out most of the UVB rays--- here is some info for you Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia).
UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months.
**Note: Fluorescent light bulbs contain mercury, so you shouldn't throw away your used ReptiSuns. Take them to a facility that will dispose of them for you. Some hardware stores such as Home Depot may take your used bulbs for you.
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom