Gout Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
I recently found out what's been going on with my Godzilla. He has gout. His Allopurinol is set to arrive this week but I've been giving him dark cherry juice and was considering serrapeptase to also help with the inflammation, he has quite a bit of it. Thankfully there isnt much uric acid crystal buildup, just soft tissue swelling. Does anyone know about how much you would give and the best ways to give it?? Dusted on his salad or mixed with the cherry juice? I've already cut out the high protein feeders and feed him mostly butternut squash (it's all he eats lol) hes about 215 grams.
Thanks in advance.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that Godzilla has gout! Do you have a copy of his blood tests we could see,
or some pictures of him also? How bad is his swelling?
Did the vet prescribe a certain dose for you to start with for him?
Serrapeptase can be given daily, & is safe to do so since it's an all natural silkworm enzyme.
You can give it in powder form, or liquid form. You can definitely mix it with his cherry juice, or
sprinkle it on his greens or veggies, too. Which feeders are you using now?
There is no set dose on this supplement but I normally recommend 15mg/kg which is a good
amount, but still conservative.

Tracie

godzillababy

Original Poster
I do not have a copy of the blood tests but I do have a bunch of pictures. The vet prescribed .08ml of Allopurinol every 24 hours and its 50mg/ml suspension. I started that last Wednesday.
I've taken the roaches out of his diet and switched to mostly butternut squash. I offer collard greens and turnip greens daily but he is super picky. I give a few crickets every other day just because he's having some diarrhea since switching mostly to veggies. I've even tried a little bee pollen and it doesn't get him to eat the veggies!
I bought some serrapeptase through a really nice store I found through this website. It just came a couple days ago and I'm gonna start it today.
101653-3338416694.jpg
101653-200734265.jpg
101653-3334411150.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing! I hope the allopurinol helps that out, it is a good medication. The swelling isn't
too bad so hopefully the swelling will go down pretty fast.
The serrapeptase should help a lot with discomfort & pain.
You can get some phoenix worms or silkworms for an alternative protein source that is low
in purine & healthy. It will most likely take him some time to eat more greens, but keep trying &
eventually he will eat more.
Which UVB light are you using for him?

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

godzillababy

Original Poster
Hello,

He is doing a lot better. Still has swelling but is more active and running around and just almost back to his old self practically.
His UVB is a 24" t8 reptile UVB 10.0, brand new.
One thing I was curious about was the Repashy veggie burger. It contains all plant proteins and no meats and I was wondering if that would be okay to feed him along with the squash (he literally wont eat any veggie but butternut squash even with bee pollen)

Thanks for your help and for taking the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom