I need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our 9 month old beardie on the bed with us well I got up to go to the bathroom and my gf went to get a drink she came back in and didn’t know where he was and she sat down and swung her legs around. I came back and lifted the covers to see him laying there with blood coming from his mouth, under his neck and black as can be and very swollen lookin so I thought she may have hit him, I went to put him in his tank to call a friend of mine to see about him coming to check on him and I found probably a very gooey substance with traces of his food on the side of his rock but it was like a light pinkish color. So idk if maybe she didn’t hit him and that it could be something else he continues to look straight up opening and closing his mouth

Foxxy76

I would call a veterinarian (preferably one with reptile experience) in your area ASAP and monitor him until you can contact one. In my town there is a vet on-call. They rotate among the 6-7 clinics here but each one leaves the vet on-call's number on their machine so people know who to contact so even if an office is closed try calling and see who is on-call or what advice they can give you.

Drachie613 is a mod ( I think that's what it's called) on here and has alot of information too if you can message her.

Also AHBD has alot of info.

I'll be hoping the best for your family!

Try not to stress the poor thing out too much. Keep us posted. Remember to Be humane if the vets gives you options on what to do :(

Dreamkilla

Original Poster
That’s the thing that sucks we just had our puppy die of and unknown disease we spent $400 at the vet and they couldn’t find out what’s wrong with her and she ended up passing away so we don’t have anymore money to take him :/

Foxxy76

You can call and see if they have any advice on monitoring him. I agree with not stressing him or moving him as little as possible. Some vets do payment plans but I know many do not do so anymore. I worked at vet clinics for 6 years. First place I worked was a small private owned clinic. He allowed payment plans as long as they stayed regular on payments. Second place I worked was a corporate chain clinic. They did not allow payments due to too many people not paying. What they opted for was a credit card called CareCredit. It's a credit card that can be used for medical things. I have even seen their fliers at the optometrist. I don't know your financial situation but if push comes to shove you could try to apply. You can contact the vet and see if they take it and apply.
Hope your little does okay.
Any luck reaching out to the Drache613?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is a very serious situation I believe. Is there any way that you could get your dragon to
the vet for analysis? He is probably going to have internal injuries or a couple of broken
bones, etc.
Is there still blood coming out of his nose?
Do you have a soft fleece blankie to lay him on to where he will be comfortable, or a nice small
carrier you could place him in so that nothing will happen to him until you can get him to a vet
since he seems critical?

Please let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

SophialkSeb7674

My bearded dragon is about 20 weeks old. He has always had a small, darker, discolored spot on the right side of his lower back ever since I got him. The spot is predominately more noticeable now that he is bigger. The spot is not raised, or rough but is flush with the skin. He has a little yellow next to that spot that is on his tummy. I’m curious if this is a different colored spot on his skin or a fungus? (I hope not.) It does not feel weird at all. He poops regularly, has no loss of apitite or fatigue. He sleeps well and loves to run around and play. What could this be?

Dreamkilla

Original Poster
Been a couple days, he has started pooping regular and is kinda back to old self, he still has some
Black on his beard. The only thing that worry’s me now is his neck is like Bulged our as if it’s got fluid in it I don’t think it was as swollen as it is now Ik he always had a “fat neck” but not like that

Foxxy76

Could you post pictures? I would just be very gentle and not move him as much as possible. Glad to hear he is doing better!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

To post pictures simply click on the XIMG here in the message box, then upload your pictures
to the image gallery. Then copy/paste the IMG to here & post your pictures for us.
Has he began running around any?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Dreamkilla

Original Poster
We cleaned his face so there isn’t anymore blood and hasn’t been since the incident. My only concern is his neck as u can see in the pic it looks to be bulged out. Idk if that’s normal or not appreciate the feedback

Foxxy76

The swelling could be fluid build up, swollen muscle/tissue, or a bone break/fraction. I wouldn't force any food and only feeds soft foods for now. If it is fluid do not try to aspirate it on your own! That could be very bad! Hopefully Drache613 will be able to weigh in soon.
For now just let the little bugger rest! Glad to see he's doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom