Sharp nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliHat

Hello I’m wondering if there is any way to decrease how sharp my beardies claws are? I love holding him and our play time but I’m always so scratched up after. Thanks!

Alishea

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I use rough textured floor tile, it's easy to clean, won't harbor bacteria and, Keeps their Nails Filed in a more natural and, safe way.
You can put a chunk of sandstone in his home, this will serve the purpose "somewhat".

AliHat

Original Poster
I read some where that you can use cat nail clippers and trim just the very tip. Is that ok?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use regular human clippers and it works just fine for trimming the sharp ends of the nail. Emery boards help to file it down a bit too. The trick is getting them to sit still for long enough. Try clipping just a few fingers at a time if they get wiggly and want to run around.

AliHat

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3t8bm9ho said:
I use regular human clippers and it works just fine for trimming the sharp ends of the nail. Emery boards help to file it down a bit too. The trick is getting them to sit still for long enough. Try clipping just a few fingers at a time if they get wiggly and want to run around.
Thank you! I actually attempted to clip his nails but I got scared and didn’t lol. I will try an emery board first!

I trim my beardie's nails weekly. I use human nail clippers and just get the very tips. I wrap her in a wash cloth sometimes if she gets too squirmy. Some weeks I don't get every single nail because she is too squirmy but that's okay.

AliHat

Original Poster
krba201076":1l8aneso said:
I trim my beardie's nails weekly. I use human nail clippers and just get the very tips. I wrap her in a wash cloth sometimes if she gets too squirmy. Some weeks I don't get every single nail because she is too squirmy but that's okay.
Thanks for the tip!

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
If you clip them make sure you have some stiptic or whatever it is called to stop the bleeding if you accidentally get into the quick. Same as when you clip a dogs or cats. If you cut to short they will bleed

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
I clip Tampico's with small human clippers. I wait until it's close to her bedtime when she's sleepy. She has no issues then. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom