Recently Laying Awkwardly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
As of recently, whenever she lays down she has her head like this. Or upon rare occasion, her entire body is against the glass. She's 6.5 months old, nothing has changed in at least 2 months, and this just started last week. Even when she lays on her log, she'll have her head propped back against the glass where her log meets the side of the tank. Only have this pic to show.
EDIT: I just noticed she's dehydrated. Trying to get her to eat more crickets than she did earlier. She loses interest quickly when she cant catch them. Will resort to water droplets on her nose if i need to. But the behavior should (?) Be a separate issue given its been going for a week and this is only today?
EDIT 2: she's only going after crickets that either run immediately in front of her or are placed in front of her
EDIT 3: Running around tank, ignoring crickets
101824-100243711.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Position is normal--- where do you have her UVB mounted? Is it inside tank or am I just not seeing it?
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Couple inches above the tank. 10 from her favorite basking spot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the UVB is on Top of screen? What kind of UVB do you have?
Karrie

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
KarrieRee":dqtxw7u3 said:
So the UVB is on Top of screen? What kind of UVB do you have?
Karrie

There is no screen. Its an open top. No, she cant get out. No, nothing can get in. She has a 22 inch T5 HO 10.0 UVB in a 30 inch tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom