part crested gecko? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrap

anyone ever had a baby beardie that hung upside down from the screen top???? our little boy finds ways to get higher and higher so he can jump onto the screen and hang upside down.....that isn't normal is it??? I try to move his log lower and lower so he can't get up there. im afraid he is going to burn himself one of these days!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I take it the UVB is on top of mesh? What kind of UVB do you have?
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can hang upside down in that manner, underneath of the screen. Do let us know what type
& or brand of UVB light you are using. He may just need more UVB & is trying to get closer.
You could mount the tube UVB underneath of the screen to help with exposure too, depending on
the brand or type of UVB light.

Tracie

Sierrap

Original Poster
its a Zoo Med reptisun desert compact fluorescent UVB bulb. the wattage 130. it came as a combo pack with a basking bulb. it is a zoo med repti basking spot bulb with a wattage of 100. and yes they are in the duel lamp hood sitting on top of the screen directly above his basking branch. his temp is about 95-100 degrees under the basking spot, his humidity is about 40% most of the time. his temp is usually a little bit warmer because he is housed in a small room where it is kept fairly warm all the time. should we invest in a stronger basking/uvb bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes you should in vest in this Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T5 light fixture also. That is why he is trying to get to the UVB--- you will need to put it inside the tank -- approx 10-11 inches away from his basking area--
Karrie

Sierrap

Original Poster
if we did the T5 tube, how much would it be including the fixture? and how would we mount it? he is in 40 gallon glass tank.

Edit: I can buy the fixture and the bulb for $40 but I’m still not sure how I would mount it inside the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You have a fine mesh screen you can use picture wire -- fishing line or 3 m makes hooks not sure about those
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom