HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please take a pic of poop-- what are you feeding him that could look like red color?
Extra water in urine / poop usually means they are hydrated
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ve been feeding him crickets and collard greens, he’s also had some red pepper but that was about 3 days ago and I don’t know if he actually ate any (he is picky)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure are you feeding him carrots -- sweet potato? anything red?
Karrie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This probably doesn’t have anything to do with this but I thought I should add. He broke his back when he was very little and he was paralyzed in the back legs for a while. He had recently regained movement in his back legs and he can move them some. They are still a little shaky and he can’t move them a whole bunch but he uses them a lot. He has never been ill before according to the person I got him from.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The only red thing he’s eaten recently that I can think of would be some red pepper but I don’t even know if he actually ate any.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I took the feces out of the tank and now that I’m looking at is closer I don’t believe it is blood. But I’m still concerned that his poop was so watery.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Its excess water - hes hydrated -- and the red pepper would cause stool to be red-- someone else can weigh in on this -- dont feed him anymore red pepper and see if hes still pooping red
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is alright now. It doesn't appear to be blood, I agree.
The reddish/orangish tinge on the urate is fairly normal. Some could be attributed to supplements
or foods as suggested with the red pepper.
How often do you use vitamins or calcium for him?
That is really good to hear he has come back from a back injury & is able to use his legs much
more efficiently now. I hope he regains 100% back.
When they are really hydrated their stools can become watery at times. Do you give him a lot of
water to drink?

Tracie

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I sprinkle calcium on his daily greens and he has a bowl of water in his tank that Is always available to him and he does drink out of it but sometimes I’ll dip my finger in the water and offer it to him if I haven’t seen him drink in a while, he’ll lick it off my finger if he’s thirsty but I don’t ever force him to drink anything. His legs have mad a HUGE improvement since I got him. When I first got him he couldn’t use them at all and I was concerned he wouldn’t be able to move very well as he got bigger, but he’s bigger now and he gets around great!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful he has improved on his back legs so much. It does take time for them to fully
recover but it sounds like he is definitely headed in the right direction.
You can also try using a dropper to get water onto his snout to see if he will take hydration that
way too.
Let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom